I just hacked in a basic commenting feature. It is far from polished, but should more or less do what I want. Here is how it works:
- You read an article and feel that you should tell me something of uttermost importance. So you click on the link in the comment section of the post.
- If your mailclient is configured correctly, then it should pop up and offer you to write an email with destination and subject already filled in. It is important that you change neither of them.
- You use your mailclient to write your message. It is a good idea not to use HTML, as it will will be escaped and therefore mess up your message. Better use plaintext.
- Only your name will be displayed, if it is given in the sender address (i.e. John Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>). So if you do not want your name to be displayed, remove or change the name part. Also make sure that it is not mentioned in the body, e.g. as part of a signature.
- If you send attachments, be aware that they will ignored and not displayed in the blog.
- Now you probably have to wait for a few hours, until I recompile the blog. Then your comment will be visible.
I am looking forward to all comments (except the spam)